Monday, March 19, 2012

A Divine Appointment

Yesterday was a difficult day. Nothing major happened; just little things that brought old emotions to the surface.

“I have a feeling that you’ll feel better tomorrow,” my friend Lula said when we talked over the phone. “It’ll be a new day.”

And she was right. I woke up feeling a little less sad. But I still felt . . . needy. Like things weren’t quite right yet and I wanted to unload the leftovers from yesterday on someone.

Then I ran into Julie while dropping my son off at school. She offered me a ride home and I immediately took her up on it. We talked long after she pulled into my driveway. I opened up a little about my not-so-great mood and yesterday’s “what’s going on with me?” near-spiral, but suddenly I didn’t feel quite as needy or desperate to rant or cry or both. Next thing I knew, we were talking about other things—God, church, the state of the world that we didn’t know whether to be frightened or excited over, I kind of lost track after awhile.

“I should probably let you go,” I said, realizing all that I needed to do. Suddenly, I had the energy for it.

“I’m so glad I ran into you.” Julie gave me a hug. As it turned out, she had been having a rough morning too. Nothing major, just a not-so-great mood.

And now we were both over it, ready to move on into our day with a lighter heart.

“It was a divine appointment,” Julie said.

“It definitely was.”

Do you feel needy today for . . . something? Maybe you don’t know what you need or why you feel the way you do? Ask God to send you a divine appointment. You never know if you will be that person’s answer to prayer too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home