Friday, June 17, 2011

Time for some Fun!

This time tomorrow, Nathan and I will be at my parents’ house in the Bay Area. Part of our two-week stay will include a trip to Disneyland to celebrate Mom’s birthday. I also plan to get together with my friend Jennifer for the first time in over a year. I have a little work to do, but most of the time will be spent relaxing and having fun with Mom, Dad, my sisters, and their kids.

Usually, I would feel guilty for taking a two week vacation. But this has been a stressful season and I know it’s needed. Sometimes, we just need to get away. As a friend reminded me today, Jesus often left the crowds and went to a quiet place. Sometimes He took His disciples and sometimes alone. If He needed breaks, who am I to say I don’t?

So instead of feeling guilty, I plan to enjoy the time, knowing that I’ll benefit in many ways. I look forward to sharing those benefits when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home