Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thanks to Being Poor: 10 Things I Learned to Make

I’ve always loved to cook, but our reduced income has greatly increased my kitchen repertoire. In the past year I have added the following foods to the “I can make that” list:

Potato chips
Refried beans
Ranch dressing
Hamburger/Hotdog buns
Whole wheat bread
Pizza sauce
Granola bars
Muesli cereal
Granola cereal
Whoopie pies, which are wrapped individually and look just like packaged cakes

All of these things are inexpensive to make, fun, healthier, and taste so much better! Even if our income increases I don’t plan to go back to store bought. Thank you, God, for revealing this benefit to financial difficulty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

YUM!! I'd like to learn how to make potato chips and whoopie pies.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home