Sunday, July 25, 2010

Too Big for Me: A God at Work Story

I didn't blog this week. My mind got a bit overloaded and needed a rest before it short circuited. But today I'm better and here is why:

This summer I have been dealing with a situation that I is of course bringing out other issues. Last night I found myself praying, "God, this is too big for me." And I wasn't exaggerating. It feels too big because it really is.

This morning, as I got ready for church, I sensed God communicating to me that it's okay to admit that the problem is too big for my brain and heart to handle. Some things are meant to be. The "too big" problems send us running to Him for help. They are often the hopeless messes that He does the best job of helping us clean up because we're too overwhelmed or warn out to take over.

So I'm letting this one be too big and giving it over to the One who can fix it. What a relief to know that I don't have to solve this one on my own--because I can't.

Thank you, God, for not thinking less of me when I cry out in defeat, "I can't do this one!" Thank you for being so much better at cleaning up our messes than we are, and for loving us enough to want to do it. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois Hudson said...

Glad to find your blog, Jeanette. I agree that it is just when we admit things are too big for us, that God smiles gently and says, "At last. Now let Me handle it."
P.S. I'll look for the "follower" tab. My blog is called: To Be Determined...
Come visit me at:
www.lois-hudson.blogspot.com

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home